Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My portfolio

Lately I've been thinking more about my investments. When I was an intern, I put some money away in money market accounts. After I got out of school, I started putting money into indexed funds. Since my investment and retirement accounts are spread out among a few institutions, I never quite knew how my portfolio was doing. A few days ago I collected data from my accounts, and plotted these two charts:





The legend is made up of [fund name, percent] pairs. Fund names are either sticker symbols, cash accounts (sbmm, emdir, fdrxx, boa, compa, nati), or funds restricted/chosen by 401K companies. I think it is pretty obvious that I should move some cash into better investment vehicles. Perhaps reit or house?

1 comment:

Sara said...

Get a ROTH IRA! (if you can) Invest in a small green collar business! You should take more risks when you're young :-)