Thursday, July 27, 2006
Here are some mac tricks i recently learned:
1. command-tab switches between applications, command-` switches between windows of the same application. ctrl-f4 does the same, but it's much quicker to hit command-`.
2. scrolling on firefox is better done with space, shift-space than page up (fn-up), page down (fn-down). it actually works on other major browser as well.
3. active four corners is fun. now that i just point my mouse around to use expose, i actually use it a lot.
4. setting the wallpaper to change every 5 seconds is nice, especially when an active corner is set to show desktop.
5. instead of ctrl-click, try "tap trackpad using two fingers for seconary click"
6. move applications folder to the dock, combined with trick 5 this makes for fast application starting. there is a similiar free keyboard tool as well.
7. when using garage band, window -> music typing lets you type to write music...
Posted by dtam at 7:48 AM